Sustainability hits the office
Panel: Sustainable Filmmaking” in Venlo, Netherlands. On 11 January 2020, because of the relevance of the topic, the organisers of the Limburg Film Festival invited producers from three countries and stakeholders from the media industry to join a panel of experts at the Museum Van Bommel Van Dam for the very first time.
The expert Sustainability Consultant is regularly invited to give lectures and is playing a pioneering role in this area in the film industry.
But what do offices have to do with eco-friendly media production? Actually, a great deal – because everything from the initial brainstorming to the acquisition and financing, as well as the filming with the production office as a base and through to the editing suites, a large proportion of film production is office-based. The editors and distributors also work indoors. The cross-industry issue of green offices in sustainable buildings is therefore just as important here.
That is why CSMM – architecture matters is also supporting the media industry in this area.
Looking back at successful events:
- 01/2020 Moderation of the “Crossborder Panel: Sustainable Filmmaking” as part of the Limburg Film Festivals in Venlo, Netherlands
- 2019 at the Barents Ecology Film Festival in Petrozavodsk in Russia and the neighbouring Joensuu in Finland
- 2018 in Russian at the EcoCup Documentary Film Festival in Moscow
- 2017 in Potsdam at the networking meeting for sustainable film production, entitled “Five steps to a sustainable media office”
- 2016 at the invitation of the Goethe Institute Los Angeles, on the panel “Can filmmaking be sustainable?”
CSMM offers comprehensive sustainability consultancy for companies, commercial buildings and working environments. Using analysis tools, CSMM supports ecologically sustainable solutions with long-term economic viability. These include sustainability assessment and optimisation of existing spaces, analysis and design of resource-efficient business processes, certifications, energy certificates and CO2-neutral extensions.
Crossborder Film Panel: „Sustainable Filmmaking" during the Limburg Film Festival